APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SAINT PAUL BRIDGE FUND
Applications are now open for the Saint Paul Bridge Fund, which will provide emergency relief for families and small businesses most impacted by COVID-19. Apply by April 19 at 5 p.m. at stpaul.gov/bridge-fund.
Grant Application Guidelines and Process
Saint Paul families and small businesses who qualify for grant funding can submit applications online beginning today through April 19, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- There is no cost to apply, and grants given to families and businesses will not need to be repaid. Small businesses may apply for $7,500 grants, and Saint Paul families with minor children may apply for $1,000 grants.
- Applications cannot be accepted in person or through the mail. Applicants without access to a computer (desktop or laptop), tablet, or smartphone can apply by phone at 651-266-6565, subject to submission of necessary documentation.
- All eligible applications will have an equal chance of receiving a grant. No preference will be given based on when an application was received during the open application period (April 8-April 19 at 5 p.m.).
- Only one application per family or small business is required.
- Duplicate applications will be removed and will not increase the chance of receiving a grant.
- All grant requests will be considered and reviewed.
- Eligible grants will then be placed into a lottery system to be distributed.
- Additional support for individuals who have questions, need additional assistance to apply by phone, do not have access to the internet, or need language interpretation is available via phone during business hours, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. by calling 651-266-6565.
Eligibility for Families
Grants to residents are targeted to ensure families can remain in secure and stable housing. Eligible families include those who:
- Live in Saint Paul;
- Have incomes at or below 40% of area median income (or $40,000 annually for a family of four) before a COVID-19-related change in employment;
- Have at least one minor child under 18 present in the household; and
- Have experienced a significant loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligibility for Small Businesses
Eligible businesses are defined as independent, for profit, which are retail-oriented and rely upon customer purchases for revenues. In addition, they must have:
- A physical location within Saint Paul, in operation for at least the last three months;
- Gross annual revenues of $2 million or less; and
- Documentation that revenues have been significantly impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
The small business grants may be used for immediate business expenses including but not limited to rent or mortgage payments, employee health benefits, leave payroll and payroll, and payments to suppliers.
- Guidelines for Families
- Guidelines for Small Businesses
- Bridge Fund FAQ for Families and Small Businesses
The Saint Paul Bridge Fund includes funds provided by The Saint Paul Housing and Redevelopment Authority and private donors including the Baird, Bush Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Securian Foundation, Minnesota United FC, Minnesota Wild, the Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation, and the Xcel Energy Foundation.